Middle School West Auckland
FREE education for boys and girls in Years 7-10 with a high academic focus, small class sizes and a Te Reo bilingual unit.
Middle School West Auckland offers outstanding FREE education for boys and girls in Years 7-10. Situated across two campuses in Henderson, West Auckland, the school has a maximum roll of 240. Led by Principal Warren Cook, the school has a strong academic focus which follows an Integrated Project Based Curriculum. Students are grouped into 'villas' of up to 60 children, each led by an Academic Manager, with class sizes limited to 15. The school's largest campus is Jack Ralston House, located at 287-289 Lincoln Road, which can accommodate up to 180 students, with Pohutukawa Villa, the school's Te Reo bilingual unit, at 22-24 Waipareira Avenue, offering 60 places. With a 'no zone' policy, students from all areas, of all abilities, are welcome to enroll.
Providing outstanding, free education (there are no fees and uniform and stationery are free), with a strong academic focus, the school prepares students to excel in their senior years at a high school of their choice.
Middle School West Auckland:
- Has small class sizes (maximum 15:1).
- Provides a core programme that consists of Mathematics, English, Science, Social Studies and Technology.
- Is inclusive of and works closely with families and the local community.
- Tracks and supports students after they move to their Year 11-13 schools.
- Has a strong academic focus.
- Provides free education - uniform, stationery and field trips are provided and no donations are requested.
- Has a Te Reo bilingual unit at Pohutukawa Villa.
- Employs expert educators.
- Uses the Villa Education Trust Integrated Project Based Curriculum.
- Provides each student with an individualised learning programme and personal guidance.
Click to access our great bookshop