Why Years 7-10?
The middle years, ages 10 – 15, are a crucial developmental period in the lives of young people. Middle School West Auckland is a developmental window as well as a learning window. It provides an environment where the children can have their personal, emotional, academic, physical, social, and spiritual needs met in a very supportive manner.
One aim of running the school as a middle school is to give an opportunity to let the students be children for a little longer; to give them more time to explore their own interests and dreams without the pressure for precocious social development that can occur at intermediates and large secondary schools at the junior level. In saying that though, a large amount of energy and commitment is required from each student and they will develop personally as well as academically. They will improve their cooperative learning skills and will love learning at Middle School West Auckland and beyond.
A student graduating from Middle School West Auckland will have:
- had the opportunity to develop their potential in a wide range of academic, physical, cultural, and social areas.
- been in a continuously stimulating learning environment.
- had emphasised the very best teaching, learning and thinking techniques and the best use of ICT skills and opportunities.
- been in an environment permeated with Christian values and philosophy basis that genuinely facilitates the child’s development.
- followed an integrated, project-based curriculum that encompassed the New Zealand Curriculum guidelines and developed the Ministry of Education’s essential skills framework